The quality and amount of sleep we get every night influences critical areas of health including physical and mental function, metabolism, and mood. Sadly, many of us do not get the sleep we need to keep the body working at its best. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control estimate that over 35 percent of American adults do not get enough sleep! Worse still, studies show that lack of sleep may contribute to serious health issues including obesity, cardiovascular disease, and depression. Fortunately, you improve your sleep quality and combat these sleep-related issues by supplementing with HoltraCeuticals’ Sleep Tight!
The Benefits of Supplementing with Sleep Tight
Supplements are products composed of beneficial vitamins, amino acids, and other substances that influence one or more factors of health. Depending on the formulation, a supplement can provide significant support to various areas of wellness. An example of a highly focused supplement is HoltraCeuticals’ Sleep Tight.
Sleep Tight is a daily supplemented formulated specifically to improve sleep quality. Studies show that regularly taking Sleep Tight before bed can help ensure that you get high-quality uninterrupted sleep every night! This impressive outcome is because of the exceptional ingredients in Sleep Tight.
What’s in Sleep Tight
HoltraCeuticals’ Sleep Tight is a carefully composed formulation of herbs and other natural substances. The ingredients of Sleep Tight naturally encourage mental and physical relaxation, promote feelings of well-being, alleviate stress and tension, and reduce anxiety.
Three of the most beneficial sleep-supporting substances found in Sleep Tight are GABA, valerian root, and passion flower. Read on to learn about these natural sleep aids.
Gamma-aminobutyric acid, more commonly referred to as GABA, is a neurotransmitter that regulates cell activity in the nervous system. GABA’s influence helps reduce neuronal excitability, limiting sensation of anxiety, nervousness, and stress. This quality is part of the reason GABA is frequently employed in the treatment of conditions such as chronic anxiety, insomnia, and mood disorders. In fact, GABA is found in many commonly prescribed sleep aids, ADHD medications, and antidepressants.
The impact of GABA on sleep quality is well-documented. Research shows that those who have a deficiency of GABA often experience a reduction in sleep quality or insomnia. One study, comparing insomniacs to those who maintained a healthy sleep pattern, found that participants with insomnia had GABA values that were 30 percent lower than those who got adequate sleep. Data such as this has led many experts to believe that resolving GABA deficiency through supplementation may ease insomnia and improve sleep quality.
Building on the hypothesis that GABA positively influences sleep quality, studies have found that using a supplement like HoltraCeuticals’ Sleep Tight that contains GABA can improve your stress level, reduce symptoms of depression, alleviate symptoms of PMS, limit inflammation, and improve focus. Perhaps most notably, supplementing with GABA before bed may also increase the speed at which one falls asleep, improve sleep quality, and encourage deeper, more consistent sleep. Those suffering from insomnia or stress should strongly consider implementing a GABA supplement in their wellness plan.
Valerian is a perennial plant whose roots have been used for centuries, dating back to ancient Greece, as a natural herbal sleep aid. The benefits of this ancient treatment are now confirmed by contemporary research. Several studies show that supplementing with valerian root can help ease insomnia, reduce the time to fall asleep, and improve sleep quality.
One study examined the efficacy of valerian root on sleep quality in three different populations: healthy sleepers, depressives, and those with sleep disorders. After supplementing with valerian root, 89 percent of the total participants reported an improvement of overall sleep quality while 44 percent reported completely uninterrupted sleep. It is believed that these impressive results are facilitated primarily by two substances found in valerian root: linarin and valerenic acids.
Linarin is the primary sleep-supporting substance found in valerian root. This naturally occurring flavonoid compound has sedative qualities that encourage relaxation and help calm the mind. Linarin also has a positive effect on GABA values, further encouraging quality sleep.
Valerenic acids are another powerful sleep-supporting substance found in valerian root. The sleep benefits of valerenic acids stem primarily from its ability to inhibit enzymatic activity that destroys GABA. Regulating this chemical action increases the prevalence of GABA, which translates to better quality sleep.
You can gain all the sleep supporting benefits of linarin, valerenic acids, and other beneficial substance found in valerian root by supplementing with Sleep Tight.
Passion flower is a perennial climbing vine that, besides being beautiful, provides impressive health benefits. For example, studies show that supplementing with passion flower can alleviate anxiety, reduce inflammation, limit symptoms of menopause, treat ADHD, lower blood pressure, and prevent seizures. Additionally, supplementing with passion flower can notably improve sleep quality!
A double-blind study, using a placebo control group, found that participants who consistently drank passion flower tea over a seven-day period saw significant improvement in sleep quality. Interestingly, other research found that those who took passion flower with valerian root experienced an even greater improvement of sleep quality and a notable reduction in insomnia.
Perhaps most common methods of supplementing with passion flower are infusions, teas, and liquid extracts. However, you can also easily acquire the impressive health benefits of passion flower, and other sleep-supporting ingredients, by taking HoltraCeuticals’ Sleep Tight.
Get Your Sleep Right by Taking HoltraCeuticals’ Sleep Tight
Sleep is one of the most important factors of wellness. Sadly, many of us struggle to get adequate good quality sleep regularly. Fortunately, there may be a simple solution. Studies show that supplementing with sleep-supporting substances such as GABA, valerian root, and passion flower can reduce the time to fall asleep while also improving sleep quality and duration. Sleep Tight is a safe, sleep-supporting supplement, containing each of these impressive ingredients, that can help you establish and maintain a healthy sleep cycle to achieve greater wellness. Get all the zzz’s you need by taking HoltraCeuticals’ Sleep Tight!
- Promotes restorative sleep naturally
- Relieves stress and tension
Sleep Tight is formulated with various herbs and remedies that help the body drift into deep, refreshing sleep. It contains eleven relaxing ingredients specifically chosen to enhance feelings of well being, help relieve stress and tension, and ease nervousness. One ingredient in Sleep Tight is valerian root which has been shown to relax and make it easy to fall asleep. Sleep Tight also contains gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which supports key brain chemicals to decrease over-activity and relieve stress.
Resources1. Goddard, Andrew W et al. “Impaired GABA neuronal response to acute benzodiazepine administration in panic disorder.” The American journal of psychiatry vol. 161,12 (2004): 2186-93.
2. Kent, Justine M et al. “Molecular targets in the treatment of anxiety.” Biological psychiatry vol. 52,10 (2002): 1008-30.
3. Roth, Thomas. “Insomnia: definition, prevalence, etiology, and consequences.” Journal of clinical sleep medicine : JCSM : official publication of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine vol. 3,5 Suppl (2007): S7-10.
4. Gottesmann, Claude. “GABA mechanisms and sleep.” Neuroscience vol. 111,2 (2002): 231-9.
5. Yamatsu, Atsushi et al. “The Improvement of Sleep by Oral Intake of GABA and Apocynum venetum Leaf Extract.” Journal of nutritional science and vitaminology vol. 61,2 (2015): 182-7.
6. Gerner, R H, and T A Hare. “CSF GABA in normal subjects and patients with depression, schizophrenia, mania, and anorexia nervosa.” The American journal of psychiatry vol. 138,8 (1981): 1098-101.
7. Tian, Jide et al. “Oral GABA treatment downregulates inflammatory responses in a mouse model of rheumatoid arthritis.” Autoimmunity vol. 44,6 (2011): 465-70.
8. Edden, Richard A E et al. “Reduced GABA concentration in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.” Archives of general psychiatry vol. 69,7 (2012): 750-3.
9. Weeks, Benjamin S. “Formulations of dietary supplements and herbal extracts for relaxation and anxiolytic action: Relarian.” Medical science monitor : international medical journal of experimental and clinical research vol. 15,11 (2009): RA256-62.
10. Lindahl, O, and L Lindwall. “Double blind study of a valerian preparation.” Pharmacology, biochemistry, and behavior vol. 32,4 (1989): 1065-6.
11. Yuan, Chun-Su et al. “The gamma-aminobutyric acidergic effects of valerian and valerenic acid on rat brainstem neuronal activity.” Anesthesia and analgesia vol. 98,2 (2004): 353-8, table of contents.
12. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. “Passion Flower.” Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.